The Royal

The Student News Site of Hempfield Area High School

The Royal

The Royal

The Last Ride
The Last Ride
May 8, 2024
Almost Extinct
Almost Extinct
May 8, 2024

Spring Musical Pulled in a New Direction

From the vivid color of last year’s Seussical, the theater was cast into the world of gothic darkness as The Addams Family hit the stage. It must be said that the cast and crew certainly exceeded expectations in their performances during this year’s Spring Musical. Each member behind the scenes and on the frontlines put so much clear effort into the show, making all of their peers and ancestors proud.

The play follows one night in the twisted, dark Addams family household where Wednesday brings home a boy… from Ohio. Over the course of this night and dinner, two completely opposing families learn how to understand and accept each other for their differences. It seems as if those casted were simply made to play their roles, and even as the families contrasted each other on stage, all of the actors worked harmoniously together to make the show all that it could be.

Special shout outs go to the staff who worked tirelessly to create such an outstanding production, especially those teachers who we see each day, Mrs. Comm, Mrs. Kertoy, Mr. Emanuelson, Mr. Postlethwait, and long term substitutes, Ms. Stewart and Mr. Gilbert. It’s clear that no detail was ignored from the stunning set to the tombstone adorned walls, the incredible costuming, and Cosmic Crumbs and Carrie’s Caffeination Station that created the Creepy Kooky Cafe.

Congratulations to each person who made the show a huge success this year! We can’t wait to see what the future of this theater program brings!