The Final Moments
The Final Moments

Rumors About the High School

Emily Long
Jersie Downs and Devan Bordonaro consider rumors.

Transitioning to the high school setting may be intimidating. There are rumors that have been spread that ultimately make freshmen nervous for the upcoming years. A popular rumor that was stated by Sophia Firestone is “The classes are more difficult, and we get a lot more homework.” This is a frequent idea amongst the freshmen at Harrold School. While the teachers do not necessarily tell the students this, they do warn that it can get harder each year. 

“We are in a bubble here, and it will be harder to adjust,” said Jaxson Wright. 

When asked about the phone rule at the high school, ninth grader Olivia Ruble said, “I’ve heard from some friends who go there that the phone rule isn’t as strict as they make it out to be. While we’re not allowed to use our phones during most of the day here, it seems like students at the high school have more freedom with their phones” she remarked. Olivia’s insights remind us to question rumors and get the real story from those who know firsthand. 

Finally, some students hear about behaviors, and other students, like Devan Bordonaro feel the upperclassmen “are more mature.”

Either way, Peyton LeDuc says, “It’s big, kind of exciting, and scary.” Rumors about the high school may be frightening to the lower classmen; however, everyone is hopeful that the transition will be a smooth one.