The Royal

The Student News Site of Hempfield Area High School

The Royal

The Royal

The Last Ride
The Last Ride
May 8, 2024
Almost Extinct
Almost Extinct
May 8, 2024

Hempfield Area High School Visual Arts

March is fondly known as “Youth Art Month” across the nation. Hempfield Area High School students celebrated in many ways this year! 

National Art Honor Society members have shared their talents with the community by making art and assisting our youth in the elementary schools. If you had the opportunity to see the incredible performance of the Addams Family at HAHS, you may have seen the tombstone tributes to the high school’s past musicals. They were created by NAHS members from October-February and came out great! Throughout March, many NAHS members also assisted at West Hempfield, West Point, Maxwell and Ft Allen’s March Arts Events with more to come at Stanwood in April.

26 NAHS members also had the opportunity to visit architect Frank Lloyd Wright’s masterpieces in the Laurel Highlands on Friday, March 22. Students toured both Fallingwater and Kentucky Knob and gained a deeper appreciation for these famous buildings “Wright” in our backyard. 

To wrap up the month, NAHS members are currently teaming up with Stem Literacy to paint a science-themed mural in Mr. Heddinger’s classroom at Harrold. Additionally, Art Studio Portfolio students had the opportunity to create art in the community and collaboratively paint the windows at CFS Bank on 136. 

Looking ahead: 

The Annual High School Student Art Exhibition at the Westmoreland Museum will be on display from 4/17-4/21 during regular museum hours. Saturday, April 20, from 11-3 is the Greensburg Arts Walk. Make a family day of it and participate in all the fun art activities throughout Greensburg. Swing by the Museum to support and appreciate our outstanding high school art students! 

Greensburg Night Market: National Art Honor Society students will have a booth for the first time at the Greensburg Night Market on Thursday, April 25 from 5:30-9:00 PM.  Support local artists and purchase some of their hand-made merchandise!