Almost Extinct
Almost Extinct

Front and Center

When the lights come on, the audience’s attention is immediately drawn to the person in the spotlight, the lead. Although the lead’s job is very important, there are other just as important “roles” for any show to be successful. One of those roles are the dance captains, who are just as vital, but don’t get the credit they deserve.

Alaina Stough is one of the three dance captains performing in the Addams Family Musical this year.  Alaina is a Junior in high school, and as a freshman started her theatrical career at hempfield, but has been in love with theater since she was only in the fifth grade. 

The main job of a dance captain is to “clean the choreography”. Mrs Kertoy choreographs the dances and teaches it to all the dancers. While Alaina and the other captains make sure every dancer is doing the dance correctly and everything looks perfect. 

Although Alaina isn’t the lead, she loves what she does. “ My favorite part is the feeling I get when I’m on stage. It’s as if all my stress goes away, and nothing else matters in the world.” Alaina loves dancing, and wants to continue to make a change in the world with her dancing.