The Royal

The Student News Site of Hempfield Area High School

The Royal

The Royal

Seniors gather together after Mini-THON and sing to Revival by Zach Bryan.
More Than Words
April 15, 2024
Top Ten at Target
Top Ten at Target
April 15, 2024
The Final Curtain Call
The Final Curtain Call
April 15, 2024
Tic Tac Toe A Winner?
Tic Tac Toe A Winner?
April 15, 2024
Mr Wiggles 
2024 Hempfield Battle Bot
Hempfield Battle Bots
April 15, 2024

A-Lotta Lattes

Senior Amanda Pepe showcases one of a lotta lattes.

With fall right around the corner, that means it’s pumpkin spice season. The halls are filled with not only students but also teachers holding their pumpkin coffee. Junior Kaitlyn Zediker remarks, “I bring the signature pumpkin spice latte at least two times a week.”

In 2003, the idea of a pumpkin spice latte was introduced, and it originally ranked low in customer popularity. However, after 20 years, it is Starbucks’ most successful seasonal drink. Many other coffee places have now also begun producing their own pumpkin spice drinks, ranging from 7-Eleven to Dunkin’. Eight out of 10 students prefer to get their pumpkin spice from Starbucks. Junior Ady Shipley claims, “You can’t beat the original.”

Ranging from $5.15 to $6.25 at Starbucks, it costs more than a regular latte, which costs $3.85 to $5.25. Sophomore Aubrey Copeman commented, “I think that even though pumpkin spice is more expensive, it’s worth the price.”