Almost Extinct
Almost Extinct

Hempfield Battle Bots

Mr+Wiggles+%0A2024+Hempfield+Battle+Bot+
“Mr Wiggles” 2024 Hempfield Battle Bot

Seventeen years ago, Bots IQ’s launched a high school only battle bot event. The real goal of Bots IQ is to provide a setting for students to develop technical skills in mechanical and electrical engineering . Along with project management, communication, and teamwork, the Bots fight in a 12’x12′ arena until one of the Bots is destroyed or outscored. The students work as teams during the school year to build a 15 pound robot to battle against other schools.

Mr. Siniawski, who has been teaching the class for 15 years, says that “this is our oldest and biggest group of kids for a team that the Spartans have ever had.”

The Spartans have already started some of their preliminary battles to test their bots and battle for seedings for the Finals. The design this year “Mr. Wiggles” has a 3.5 pound weapon  spinning at 16000 rpm, which is 2.5 more pounds than last years design. The design parts are welded by PES Metal and Composite electrical discharge machining services.  

This year the Bots IQ Finals Competition will take place on April 26-27 at Penn West at California where around 70 local schools will compete to see who has designed the best battle bot.