The Final Moments
The Final Moments

Most Likely To…..

Most Likely To Succeed. Most Country Boy/Girl. Mr. and Mrs. Hempfield. These are just three of many superlatives that Hempfield Area seniors vote for their peers. 

As we get closer to graduation day, some of Hempfield Area’s finest events and traditions are near. The Journalism Staff has put together a list of Senior Bios and Superlatives for seniors to be recognized, a long-lasting tradition at Hempfield. 

This tradition at HAHS dates back to the Class of 1959. The superlatives awarded in ‘59 were traditional, classy, and simple. While Superlatives in 1964  were also very simple and included: Most Vivacious, Best Dancers, and Cutest in the Class.

Throughout the years, the ideas of superlatives have changed along with the times. For example; in the 70s when jumpsuits and bellbottoms were all the rage, biggest partiers and biggest troublemakers were awarded to students. In the 80s when Hair Bands owned the charts, biggest flirt became a superlative. Even today, our superlatives are evolving, with new ones being added each year like; Most Likely to win the lottery and lose the ticket. Most Likely to be on Broadway. Most changed since freshman year.

Superlatives will always be a treasured tradition at Hempfield Area, and we hope to see classes in the future follow in the footsteps of the ones that came before them.