The Royal

The Student News Site of Hempfield Area High School

The Royal

The Royal

The Final Moments
The Final Moments
May 15, 2024
The Last Ride
The Last Ride
May 8, 2024

The New Age Of Teaching

Mrs. Taylor Crossland
Taylor Crossland, a teacher at Fort Allen Elementary School in Hempfield, poses for a photograph in her classroom.

The new evolution of teaching with social media and online technology has allowed the creativity behind Fort Allen Elementary teacher Taylor Crossland to shine. Mrs. Crossland, as a young teacher, has used social media accounts to showcase the special incentive ideas she uses for her class and homemade activities for other teachers to try themselves. 

At the end of September, she posted of a “Starbucks Day” incentive that she created, and it reached 9 million views. Crossland’s 20 third grade students drank chocolate milk and whipped cream faux coffee, corrected grammar and spelling on pretend Starbucks menus, completed a cash register math activity, and came up with their own Starbucks drink recipes. This catapulted her right into the eyes of celebrity, Kelly Clarkson. Taylor was contacted to be involved in an interview on “The Kelly Clarkson Show” which showcases online content enjoyed by the producer.

Mrs. Crossland stated, “I was so happy to explain my project and ideas to the world hoping other educators would become inspired from it.” It was quite unique for this to be the program showing her popular video as she stated, “I am a huge Kelly Clarkson fan, so I was kind of fangirling while watching.”

She originally started this account to show home organization projects during quarantine but has been mostly shifted to a teaching page. She puts together videos of the crafts and activities she completes for her class, going the extra mile as an educator. She is the kind of teacher who wants her students to feel the most comfortable and enjoyment when learning to their fullest potential (the best kind). 

Her husband Jared, also a Hempfield Area Elementary teacher says, “Now through this, she’s had a positive influence on her peers and other teachers who are able to see some of the ideas she has posted”. 

I am lucky enough to know Taylor Crossland on a personal level, and I can say that outside of the classroom and the tiktoks, she is an amazing, kind, and generous person, fully showcasing what it truly means to be a proud SPARTAN.

Tiktok – CrafTayCorner

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8Wq9nD8/ – Video Of Starbucks Incentive