The Royal

The Student News Site of Hempfield Area High School

The Royal

The Royal

The Final Moments
The Final Moments
May 15, 2024
The Last Ride
The Last Ride
May 8, 2024

Save the Date: January 24

Senior Scholarship Studio and Elective Fair
Save the Date: January 24

Students at the high school can look forward to exciting events on January 24, 2024.

Seniors will have the opportunity to engage in essay writing at the second senior scholarship studio. Alpha Omega, Hempfield Area’s National English Honor Society, who is sponsoring the event, wants to provide a venue for students to engage in the writing process, ask questions, review work, and submit their application and scholarship pieces.

Seniors who have registered will receive a pass in homeroom on the 24th. Mr. Thompson and Mrs. Testa will be present to discuss new opportunities and allow students to develop their essays. Students may attend during periods 1-4 and return to the studio during lunch periods, study halls, and ELA classes.

Additionally, the Electives Fair will run on January 24 for sophomores and juniors. Similar to the Activities Fair, students will have time to do a gallery walk and speak with upperclassmen who have taken courses and who can provide first hand experience. In this way, students will be able to better schedule for courses that peak their interest and will aid in their future endeavors.

It looks like the 24th will be a productive and informative day for students at the high school.