The Final Moments
The Final Moments

Hempfield Area High School’s College Fair

Hempfield Area High School recently hosted a college fair run by two of our guidance counselors Mrs. Sebastianelli and Mrs. Ragland providing students with a great opportunity to explore various post-secondary education options. The fair which took place on 11/17/23, the last day before Thanksgiving break, brought together representatives from colleges and universities from across the country.

Amaya Christie (Enrollment Services Manager) For the University of Pittsburgh, Seniors Jayson Watkins and Ronnie Katchur, and Junior Nico Dreistadt

The fair featured representatives from a wide range of colleges and universities, allowing students to learn about different programs, majors, and campus life. Students were able to ask questions and gather information about admission requirements, deadlines, and financial aid options. They also had the opportunity to speak with current college students and alumni, gaining valuable insight into the college experience.

Junior Nico Dreistadt says, “It really helped me get valuable insight as to the different options there are for my future. I would say I’m glad I went to the fair.”

The fair was a valuable resource for students at all stages of the college search process, whether they were just beginning to explore their options or finalizing their decisions. It also provided an opportunity for students to start building relationships with admissions representatives, making it easier to navigate the college application process.

Junior Nick Santamaria say, “There’s a bunch of colleges here which I like because it gives a good variety of people that we can talk to about any of our questions.” 

Overall, the college fair was a valuable event that provided students with the information and resources they need to make informed decisions about their future. Mrs. Ragland gave her insight on the event, “I loved it! I mean it was very successful, especially for the juniors just starting their post secondary planning journey. I think the students were very engaged; the college fair people said that each student took their time. I hope we do it again next year.” The fair was well-attended, and the feedback from students has been overwhelmingly positive. We look forward to hosting similar events in the future to continue supporting our students in their pursuit of higher education.