The Final Moments
The Final Moments

The Perfect Teammate

Alexandra Martorella

Senior Alexandra Martorella has made a great impact in her short seventeen years. She takes on numerous school clubs, after school activities, and also plays softball.

Martorella participates in eight clubs including United Spartans, Science National Honors Society, National Honors Society, Spanish Honors Society, Public Safety Club, and Mug club. She also serves as Vice President of National Art Honors Society and President of the Caring Hands Club. More, she tried out for the musical, volunteers with the Food Bank and Salvation Army, works at Overly’s, and acts as a library assistant. Her current objective is to add a self defense class at the high school. Martorella says, “it is a work in progress.”

Clearly, she is very busy, but she still makes time for after school activities and sports. In the fall, Martorella was a student trainer for the football team where she learned a lot. She spoke of the season saying, “I love it. It is such a great experience. I love learning about the body and how injuries and the recovery process works. It was such a good group to be around.” She plans to continue in this role by helping out with the baseball team in the spring.

Martorella will take the field as an athlete this spring as well. She has played softball since she was six-years-old and is now a catcher for the high school team.

When she does occasionally find some free time, she enjoys reading and art.

Teammate and fellow student trainer, Melanie Cooper expressed that “ Not only does Alex work hard in every place she’s planted, but she is dedicated to being in the moment and giving her all in each aspect.”

Overall Martorella is a star student, teammate, and overachiever who gives her all in all that she does. She is the “perfect teammate” complimenting any program, team, or event in which she participates and always giving 100% of herself.