The Final Moments
The Final Moments

Lemonade Stand Hits its Goal!

“Trick-or-treat” took on a whole new meaning for students this year as they knocked on doors this Halloween, asking for donations for pediatric cancer research instead of candy.

The third annual Alex’s Lemonade stand foundation effort was held on Oct 31st.  These juniors and seniors of Hempfield Area are proud to say they hit their Goal! The stand had a goal of $1,000 and they raised $3,630 with raising $500 using the online website.

Gianna DeMarco took the reins from former Senior Matthew Dugan who had organized the event last year. This year, a total of 46 students helped “trick-or-treatment” throughout Hempfield to raise money on Halloween. DeMarco quotes “The event went very well, and I’m proud of everyone who collected any amount of money for childhood cancer.”

These much needed funds will pay for innovative research projects working to develop better treatments and cures for all childhood cancers. Senior Noah Clawson says “It was a fun experience and I was glad to see how much money we raised.” 

Ultimately we are excited to see how much money in total Hempfield can raise this year, and we hope to continue the tradition moving forward into the upcoming years!