The Final Moments
The Final Moments

We Ran For the Kids

Malea Nadeo

Clouds of vibrant color adorned the field house parking lot on Sunday, November 5 as 200 participants gathered to prepare for their two mile campus run. The event, run by Mini-THON team members, was the second annual run raising money for pediatric cancer research.

Mini-THON is an organization created last year by then seniors Ella Jones, Emma Forrester, Matt Dugan, Logan Eisaman, and Makayla Strane. Mirroring Penn State’s THON, it aims to help in the fight against pediatric cancer while spreading awareness throughout the community. The class of 2023 raised a staggering $57,607.95 and left big shoes to fill.

This year, seniors Malea Nadeo, Riley Dunn, Peyton Heisler, Maggie Howard, Ashley Hosni, and Joely McMullen have taken the reigns and are determined to exceed last year’s amazing feats by raising over $60,000. “I am glad they decided to host a color run again this year,” said Mini-THON advisor Ashley Testa. “Not only does it allow us to raise money for an excellent cause, but it brings the entire community together.”

This event is one of many that junior and senior students Mini-THON students will participate in before the final dance-a-thon on April 5, 2024. As students, teachers, and community members walked away coated head to toe in chalk powder, we are reminded that it’s all #ForTheKids