The Final Moments
The Final Moments

Representing the Student Body

The 2023-2024 Hempfield Area School Board Reps are seniors Shawn Murray and Sarah Podkul. Both are a part of the student council, Shawn Murray serving as the president and Sarah Podkul as the vice president. Their jobs as representatives are to speak for the student body at the school board meetings. At the meetings, Shawn and Sarah provide information to the school board about what is going on at our school from a student’s perspective.

Mr. Wulsich says, “our job is to find ways to seek out the opinions, thoughts, and needs of the student body and to work with administration and the board to work through issues.”

Meetings are typically held on the second and fourth Mondays of each month. It’s beneficial to the board to hear a student voice, to help make our school a better place. 

Shawn says, “I love my job, and I love listening to everyone’s opinions at the meetings.”  

Sarah Podkul says, “the meetings help keep the school board updated on what’s on with our school.” Shawn and Sarah not only focus on the issues in our school, but also other positive events, like the blood drives that are held by the student council.