The Royal

The Student News Site of Hempfield Area High School

The Royal

The Royal

The Final Moments
The Final Moments
May 15, 2024
The Last Ride
The Last Ride
May 8, 2024

Grand Opening

Harrold School Student Store
Mrs. Natalie Fetterman
Student Council Reps. Front Row: Tyler Reese, Liam Reese, Alli Harvey, Madison Courtney Back row: Joe Coldren, Deven Bordonaro, Emma Smillie, Nella Bompiani, Ellie Griffith and Gretchen Nelson

Friday, September 29, 2023 marks the grand opening of Harrold School’s Student Store. Originating from and being run by Mrs. Huth and Mrs. Fetterman, the goal, according to Fetterman is for “regular education and learning and autistic support students to work together to enhance skills in career readiness.” Both Huth and Fetterman are hopeful that the “School Store will promote positive interactions and a great atmosphere for students who attend Harrold School.”

Spartan Planning Committee Students prep Harrold’s School Store. (Mrs. Natalie Fetterman)

The store will sell a variety of snacks, cookies, drinks, and also have  weekly specials. Spartan Planning Committee Freshmen have taken the reins and will be working the store. All proceeds will  benefit the class of ’27. Fetterman says, [it will] “help us do the great things around Harrold school that we wouldn’t have the opportunity to do without it.”

As Harrold School takes shape, the student store is one of many new traditions  that will provide a sense of community. “It is a collaborative effort amongst freshman students,” says Fetterman, “from purchasing, to profit margin configuring, to the business creativity component,- just so many great things.” The integration of real world experiences and school spirit will aid our freshmen students as they begin their high school experience.