Almost Extinct
Almost Extinct

Let’s Rise in the Rankings

Let’s Rise in the Rankings

As the weather gets warmer, everyone is excited for the end of work and summer, but there is one last often dreaded bridge to cross… Keystone testing. Every year in May, students must conquer their respective tests, but many students don’t properly prepare mentally for these exams. They consider them meaningless or don’t put their best foot forward.

As a direct result, Hempfield Area is currently placed fifth when compared to its “competitor” schools Franklin Regional (1), Penn Trafford (2), Latrobe (3), and Norwin (4).  Keystones determine a lot more than just the rating of our school. It can help determine what colleges accept us and what scholarships we are awarded. The scores allow employers to evaluate us affecting their hiring decisions. We shouldn’t be happy with 5th because we can do better.

For this upcoming testing season, there are many things we can do to boost our scores. Small efforts can go a long way! Get a good night’s sleep and enter the test with the right attitude. This year, teachers are trying to help motivate students by offering breakfast on exam days, practice sessions leading up to the big day, and other small incentives. 

We proudly represent Hempfield in our sports and activities, so let’s transfer that to academics too!