The Pride Of Hempfield In Disney

The Pride Of Hempfield In Disney

As the second semester begins its final stretch towards the end of the school year, a number of Hempfield traditions are once again upon us. From the annual musical, to the prom and to even graduation, excitement is everywhere. One of those traditions is the annual band trip. This year, the Spartan Band traveled to Walt Disney World in Florida. 

126 Hempfield Area Senior High School students have been working hard for their yearly band trip. The students have been selling subs and lottery tickets to raise money for their trip. This year’s trip was to Walt Disney World in Florida. The members of the marching band, color guard, and majorettes left on March 1st and returned on March 5th. 

On this trip, the students marched the streets of Magic Kingdom playing songs including “The Horse,”  by Cliff Nobles & Co and a new song this year, “You Can Call Me Al,” by Paul Simon. Senior Kalena Swettlen exclaims, “I’m really excited to go to Disney, and I can not wait to march in the parade,” and her fellow band members express the same opinion before they left. The band will also got the opportunity to explore Disney’s Epcot and Hollywood Studios. After leaving Disney, the students visited the Kennedy Space Center where they learned about space and the future. Hoo-rah for Spartans!