The Royal

The Student News Site of Hempfield Area High School

The Royal

The Royal

Most Likely To.....
Most Likely To.....
February 26, 2024
Cookie Review
Cookie Review
February 26, 2024
Preparing For The Future
Preparing For The Future
February 26, 2024
Guidance room 111
The Season of Scheduling
February 26, 2024

The Season Comes to an End

9th Grade Basketball
The Season Comes to an End

This year, the 9th grade boys basketball team was granted a chance to play together as a group of eleven. The boys ended 500 this season, which means they had 8 wins and 8 losses. “It was overall a very good season, and I think we all really connected as a team,” said freshman, Noah Helfrich.

Although the team loved playing together, some of them wish they got to experience it with the older kids. Greyson Nicholls says, “I think there would have been more competition if we played with the JV and Varsity teams, and the practice only would have made us better.”

To contrast this thought, Noah Helfrich felt that being separate from the JV and Varsity made the 9th grade teams bond stronger and helped them come together. “The game has increased in speed; however the level of difficulty has eased because some of the best players in our grade, on other teams, have moved up to play JV,” described Noah Helfrich.

Luke Stanley noted that the game was different from middle school. All in all, the boys felt that the team’s circumstances brought them together creating strong bonds and friends for life. Even though this is the last time that the eleven of them play as a unit, they look forward to moving up in levels and giving their best effort in the future.