The Final Moments
The Final Moments

NAHS Hosts Holiday Artist Market

Students gathered for the Holiday Market

On December 15, the National Art Honor Society (NAHS) hosted the Hempfield Holiday Artist Market. The market benefitted NAHS and was an opportunity for any Hempfield Artist to showcase their talent and hard work. It also allowed clubs to sell holiday gifts.

The event was a great success. The commitment from students, teachers, and clubs made it a big hit. NAHS vice president, Alex Martorella, said “the best thing is that I’ve been planning this for months with NAHS and seeing it all come together is magical.”

The numerous clubs that were involved took their time to make items for students who wanted to purchase. The gym was filled with handmade items including crafts, various artwork, jewelry, holiday cards, sculptures, books, paintings, stickers, and all sorts of baked goods. One of Senior Laney Springer’s favorite parts was the gingerbread houses made by Pastry Arts students.  

To add to the atmosphere, live music was played by a variety of students including individual performers, a select ensemble, and a band performance. Mrs. Daignault was thrilled with the event, even looking forward to shopping herself and listening to music. After all the time put into it, she said she was “overwhelmed and excited by how many sponsors and students participated in this event.”