The Royal

The Student News Site of Hempfield Area High School

The Royal

The Royal

Most Likely To.....
Most Likely To.....
February 26, 2024
Cookie Review
Cookie Review
February 26, 2024
Preparing For The Future
Preparing For The Future
February 26, 2024
Guidance room 111
The Season of Scheduling
February 26, 2024

Harrold’s First Dance

A Review
Mrs. Kim Haile
Top row left to right is Liam Reese, Tyler Reese, Joe Coldren, Emma Smilie, and then me. Bottom row left to right is Madison Courtney, Allie Harvey, and Gretchen Nelson.

With Harrold’s first dance under its belt many have had the time to think over what was liked and disliked. It has become quite clear that there are mixed reviews about Harrold’s attempt at a 9th grade dance.

One student, Arianna Betton, said, “It wasn’t fun. Give more activities.” Arianna isn’t the only one who thinks this. Many wish for more activities for ninth grade students. 

Contrarily, others think that there should be less games at dances, and that they should mimic a traditional high school dance like a semi-formal. 

Kailee Swink expressed her opinion by stating, “It was fun. All my friends were there. S’mores were good. The activities were fun. I liked the music. I wouldn’t change anything. There are good opportunities to hang with friends, even if I would rather it be formal”. 

Overall, it seems that the mixed views have been purely based on personal preference. Where many see pitfalls, others see perfection. And with criticism, comes improvement. When it comes down to it, we are simply excited for Harrold’s next dance.