The Final Moments
The Final Moments

My Jersey; Your Impact

During Homecoming week, senior football players took the old adage, “Take the shirt off my back” and made it a reality. They did this, not to help out the teachers, but to show the help they have received throughout their years at our school. Coach Nick Keefer began a new high school trend called: “My Jersey; Your Impact.” Hempfield Area football players handed their jerseys over to a teacher who has impacted them in a significant way. These students learn from them and appreciate the positive environments they create within the school. 

Senior Quarterback Keiran Lippmann said, “I think this could be the start to a fun little tradition between the athletes and staff”. 

During the homecoming pep rally, the teachers sported the jerseys and took a picture with the football team ahead of the big game. Mr Cullen stated, “It was a really kind gesture, and I believe it was really appreciated amongst the faculty involved”. 

Mr. Boyd stated simply, “I’m honored”. 

This new tradition allowed support to be shown for the work done in the classroom and on the field.

Isaiah Joseph-Smith gives his jersey to Mr. Siniawski (Mrs. Ashley Testa)
Marcus Smith asks Mrs. Kertoy to wear his jersey. (Mrs. Ashley Testa)