Categories:

Behind the Scenes with Madison and Shayna

A Very Special Touch to a Very Special Celebration

Hempfield Homecoming 2024 was very special. From the pep rally on Thursday, to the parade and game, the crowning of Queen Kasey Williams on Friday, and the dance on Saturday, the district, the school, and the students were certainly in the spotlight.

For every spectacular moment, there were many individuals and groups who worked hard to make events like Homecoming possible. Mrs. Amanda Murray and her learning support students, as well as Family Consumer Science teacher, Mrs. Karen Sternick, both helped significantly behind the scenes, adding special touches to the treat bags for the Homecoming Court.

Mrs. Murray’s class took on the task of making very unique heart thumbprint bracelets to add to the bags and show support to the girls on the court. These bracelets were first given to all the returning Queens, and the court members at the 50th Homecoming two years ago. According to Mr. Steeley, “we just thought it would be a nice tradition to continue”.

Mrs. Murray’s students individually made the bracelets by using their very own thumbprints to shape the heart. We are sure that this bracelet will be something that the girls will cherish forever.

To make the bags, and the evening, even sweeter, Mrs. Sternick used her amazing baking skills to create beautiful “Crown” cookies as well as stunning “H” cookies. The cookies were traditional sugar cookies, with white icing, decorated with gold design and accents. Not only were they delicious, but they represented the glamour and pride of the evening.

“Going the extra mile” is nothing new for these dedicated teachers and their students. Each day at Hempfield Area, dozens of our staff members, classmates, and friends go out of their way to show their pride. We recognize the generosity and selflessness of Mrs. Sternick and Mrs. Murray and her students, and we celebrate their contributions that make Hempfield the very special place that it is.